Sunday, May 17, 2009

Attachment Parenting!


I'm one lucky woman!

I discovered there's a label...a glamorous one for a businessmum that 'lugs' her baby around....it's called attachment parenting:)

I went to one appointment, sat down at Dome, waiting for this guy..an acquaintance to share with him a 'serious' health improvement program. He has forgotten how I look but I remember him well.He looked at me, passed by without saying a word and still was looking around for me. I was of course looking at him while cradling my boy.I went up to him and reintroduced myself, both of us cracked into laughter, him being embarrassed of not recognising me.Of course I apologised too for having my baby with me....until the words 'attachment parenting' come flashing through my head. Those two magic words were my true savior! I told him I am a practitioner of attachment parenting...which is a hot trend in Hollywood (it is with Angelina Jolie, Jenifer Garner and many others).From the look on his face,he was the very least impressed and with full admiration, we continued with our conversation and discussion.It ended up well.

I'm one lucky mama...to be living in today's accepting era where people believe and accept the fact that women can do what they want to do, in my case continue sharing with people about good nutrition and at the same breath being with my children.

SOHOMum Tip 1: If you truly believe you can handle your job well, people will perceive it too.Confidence is infectious, so does passion!


SOHOMum Tip 2: Being your own Boss, you are at liberty to set the rules.Take a risk, be a trendsetter!
picture courtesy of nursingcover.com


No comments:

Post a Comment